Revision bariatric surgery is a weight loss procedure for patients who have regained weight after a primary weight loss procedure or if the primary procedure hasn’t worked. In most cases, bariatric surgeries successfully allow patients to lose weight and maintain the results. But if the results aren’t sustainable or don’t go far enough, the patient may need a revision bariatric surgery to achieve the desired results.
Reasons for Revision Bariatric Surgery:
- Weight gains after the primary weight-loss procedure
- Insufficient weight loss after the primary bariatric procedure
- Complications related to the primary bariatric procedure
- Reputed gastric bands, necessitating a gastric bypass or sleeve
- Staples from the gastric sleeve are compromised
- Enlarged gastric pouch after the gastric sleeve procedure
- Dysphagia, a medical condition that makes it hard to swallow food
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GRD), which leads to persistent acid reflux
Postoperative Care After Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery should be viewed as a tool for effective weight loss. The success of your bariatric surgery depends on two primary factors — whether your surgeon performed the surgery correctly and whether you have followed the aftercare guidelines properly. Dr. Ahuja supports you through every stage of your bariatric surgery, ensuring you have the support and information you need to maintain the results of bariatric surgery for a lifetime.
Ahuja Bariatric & Beyond is a state-of-the-art medical center specializing in laparoscopic and robot-assisted bariatric surgeries. Dr. Ahuja is a fellowship-training bariatric surgeon with over 4000 bariatric surgeries under his belt. His considered approach to weight loss ensures optimal results, allowing patients to lose and keep off unwanted weight. Please schedule an appointment to explore your revision bariatric surgery options in Mount Vernon.